Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Helsinki 7th June 2019

Easy Day in Helsinki

Paul decided a recovery day was needed so he spent the day on the ship, resting in the cabin. I thought...yes thought I could go ashore to the cruise terminal and use their free Internet to download my photos. Wrong!...There just happened to be no cruise centre at our wharf, so instead I walked 15 minutes to a shore side cafe to use the city free Internet. 

As it was just a perfect day weather wise. The sun shining, no wind and about 28C, it was just idyllic to walk. Once there I downloaded my photos of Copenhagen and Stockholm, saving entering the details whilst on the ship. 

Deciding by the time I returned to the ship, I couldn't be bothered to catch the shuttle into the main town. I think about it now and think Linda, you are in a completely new country and you are not out there exploring! Hey what I saw was enough and the thought of crowding onto a shuttle bus to return to the ship dissuaded me in not going. 



                                                                 View of the city.


                                Marina between the mainland and a small island


                                      Monument on foreshore with palace behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment