Monday, January 27, 2020

Day Six, 25th January 2020

Day six.  First day after Fremantle, WA

Our sailing conditions today have been ideal. I walked the Promenade Deck for 30 minutes before heading down to the International café for a coffee then back to the cabin to drink with our delivered cereal and fruit. I have tried the coffee which is included with our breakfast but prefer the bought stuff. (Of course).

Today I headed to the Mah-jong playing area and joined a dozen or so other friendly ladies. Princess provide the sets for Mah-jong but after inspection we found quite a few cases were missing tiles, but managed to compile 3 complete sets. It looks like on sea days my mornings will be busy playing Mah-jong. Who Hoo!

Then I headed to join beginners Ukulele classes. The guitarist from the ship’s band is running the classes. This is not my first attempt to learn but consider all I had been taught has somehow got lost. This also looks like I will be involved in Ukulele lessons for the whole cruise; again classes are on sea days. You never know, I might learn something!

6pm this evening the ship held Memorial Service for the 645 sailors who lost their lives on the HMS Sydney in 1942, all the crew members of the ship. This accounted for a third of the sailors who lost their lives during WW2. At the time of the service we were sailing 12 kilometres west of the wreck.
Then before dinner DH and I drank our free champagne (?) served to the passengers for the Captain’s Welcome address. The usual champagne glass pyramid didn’t get many people pouring champagne, so few of the glasses filled. I think we are becoming blaze’ as long term cruisers!




                                                        Formal Night 'glad bags'




                                                      Service for the HMS Sydney



The back of the ship decorated for the service.


Service program.


Champagne Waterfall for the Formal night.



No comments:

Post a Comment